50 Tips for College Students via Stephanie Sarkis, Ph.D.
This is true!
1) The Freshman Fifteen does exist. So does the Freshman Twenty. Watch how many starches and processed foods you are eating.
2) Pizza - the ubiquitous college snack. See #1.
3) If it’s either take out a loan or quit school, take out a loan.
4) If you can live harmoniously with someone in a 20×20 ft. space, you can do anything.
5) Flip-flops: Wear them in the dorm shower. Always.
6) Always attend the *real* class, and use the Internet one for review.
7) If you are not a morning person, don’t schedule classes for 7am. You will not go.
8) Get involved on campus. All work and no *productive* socializing is boring.
9) Too much socializing = bad grades. Everything in moderation.
10) If you are feeling overwhelmed, are having problems sleeping, or have gone through a breakup, visit your college’s counseling center. If you are feeling suicidal at any point, call your college’s crisis center number or call 911 immediately.
If you’ve enjoyed these, check out the other 40 tips on Psychology Today’s site.
Why I chose WAC- From Philly to Chestertown
You see, growing up in metropolitan area in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania I knew that I wanted to attend college outside the city and state. Somewhere far enough away, but close enough to come home on the weekends. I knew that I wanted to attend college somewhere quiet, small, lots of green, good professors, opportunities, somewhere in a small agrarian area. I began my college search freshmen year of high school and it took me until the fall of my senior year, to discover a wonderful place called Washington College! As I began to do intense research on the college and study its history closely, the more it attracted me and I could not believe it. Honestly, Washington College sounded to good to be true. It had everything I was looking for, from small classes, small town, great professors, and opportunities! There was no way that a college had all that!
The only way to find out the truth was to see for myself. What really won me over was when I first visited campus! IT WAS TRUE! Everything the college says it is IT WAS! I could not go anywhere without someone stopping me to say hello. I knew that WAC was the college for me! I will never forget that moment in my life that I decided to call Washington College home for the next four years. Simply the best decision I have ever made!
Stopped in town for lunch this afternoon at Play It Again Sam’s! I had a special sandwich and one of my favorites called ‘da bad ass!! Basically a BLT with turkey and some others things. I also had an Alasken drink! When you come to Washington College, you have to try the Alasken! All of the Washington College students love them!
Spring fling! free Rita’s, cotton candy, popcorn, and bouncy houses. Yes.